When Tough Times Come Will You Be Ready?



Thy Word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against Thee Psalm 119:11  SpeakGodsWord.blogspot.com

It is said that "to be forewarned is to be forearmed." Or that "prevention is worth a pound of cure." ...Benjamin Franklin 

When tough times come, and they will, taking a faith stand will be very hard if your heart is devoid of the Word of God. Those who have built up a wealth of scripture in their hearts and minds are in a great place. They have so much to draw on in the face of difficulty. It will bubble right out of them like a bubbling brook. Faith will be right there, ready to go to work for them.

Please do not despair if you have fallen down on the job. Maybe you didn't even know there was a job to be done. This is totally new to you. This is the day to start. Hide God's Word in your heart every day. Build yourself up strong in the Lord.  

"Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee."  
Psalm 119:11 KJV

Start with this scripture.
Write it on a piece of paper or index card.
Memorize it.
Pray it.*
Relax and trust God.
Build up an arsenal of scriptures that you say aloud every day.
Faith will rise. Things will eventually change. God loves you!



*How to personalize this scripture in prayer: 
Say out-loud something like this... "Lord. I have made my  mind up to read your Word, meditate on the scriptures and HIDE Your word in my heart that I might not sin against You.  I know it will work because You are the Good and Faithful One. In Jesus' name, amen"

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this quote today!
    Thanks for stopping by the Say G'day Party and sharing! Pinned all your submissions and look forward to seeing you next Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely lovely!

    Thanks for linking up with The Great Blog Train last month. I hope you'll join us again for June!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I will be back! :) Thanks for hosting

      Delete

Love to hear from you!